Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Choose Carefully

cards from Waywin

'Christmas is coming and the geese are getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat, if you haven't got a penny then a ha'penny will do and if you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you.' A nursery rhyme from long ago, I like it because it's about giving and also, it says if you can't give then all the best to you anyway.  Generosity of spirit makes the world a better place, it breeds contentment and good friendships, real connections with others, and a kind of steady joy and calm which is unattainable in any other way as far as I can see.

This year I'm choosing carefully what I buy; locally made goods wherever possible, local food and drink except for a couple of small imported items unattainable here, which I doubt I will buy next year; gifts for others, (few that they are) we discovered at Kraftbomb and they're made locally too. Some people may have imported fabrics in their wares, or the occasional treat from an overseas trip or friend there on their table, but just ask the crafters where their goods are from if you're determined like I am to support local industry and agriculture. Also, I've switched power companies so at least one of the, (I think, illegal) asset sales of En Zed State Owned Enetrprises are less likely to go ahead, M i g h t y R i v e r P o w e r owned M e r c u r y E n e r g y p o w e r co is losing customers as fast as we can switch.  If you want to get a credit on your first bill as well, then change to powershop and ask me for my new power co. number, so you'll save even more. They have a recommend-from-a-friend thing where you can get further benefits.

As far as gift-giving goes, please feel free to make an appointment to come to our studio showroom here, it's a converted sleep-out we call The Happy Tea House, Grey Lynn, Auckland Aotearoa NZ, tons of lovely crafts to buy if you wish, no obligation and a cup of tea or coffee on us, sit in the covered area with a lush garden all around.  Email me on raewynalexander [at] hotmail dot com for contact, thanks.  The things I sell are featured here -
waywincraft.blogspot.co.nz




Waywincraft will also hopefully be at the next Kraftbomb 23 December - for all of you who love racing round at the last minute frantically buying things then. I guess some people choose carefully in a rush, as well.

I'm helping with a show at a local bar here too, in Mt. Eden, shall keep you posted on that. Exciting times.

May your Xmas, New Year and summer here in the south (or winter in the north) be as lovely and pleasant as ever you dreamed of, and all kindness be upon us all in these times of change and uncertainty. "Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment